The Kindness Of Your Heart

Making a Difference

My name will most likely not be in history books or news articles, world wide I will not be known. but to those who did know me, I hope I had made a difference in their lives. I have so much that I take for granted. Things such as clean water, food, a bed, etc. I hope to give more and waste less.

I’ve wanted to direct people’s thoughts toward the idea of helping others. How can you yourself be more helpful, more aware of this world. I have taken a global awareness class and it truly has opened my eyes to the world. It got me thinking of how lucky I truly am to live in the country that I do and not in places of true anarchy. People must fend for themselves, pirates steal any source of hope from their coastal areas and their governments, if they have one, are corrupt.

Recently my family and I have gone to our local shelter, we cook, donate, and serve food to the people staying there. Though this is good I often feel that we could and should be doing more. Seeing the kind people who lost their homes and jobs has saddened me but yet I feel inspired. I have begun researching different ways in which I can be of more use to the world we all live in. We create our future and play a part in generations ahead, what will your future look like?